How blessed we are to have friends who lift us up, who speak truth to us, who listen, give advice, encouragement and their constant prayers. This is richness; this is true treasure to have such wonderful women in your life.




Monday, June 30, 2014

Redeemed Desire

 Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Delight yourself in the LORD
and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in Him and He will do this:
He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
and the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
Psalm 37: 3-6

 I have never had such a difficult time writing a blog post.  For two weeks I prayed and asked for words, but the right ones just would. not. come.  I finally found the reason why...I wasn't supposed to write this post!!!!  The chapter on desire was a difficult one for me. I could see clearly the two very distinct sides of desire:  the one side that brings destruction and pain through selfish desires and then the other that comes from a beautifully redeemed heart that delights in the Lord.  But I could not, for the life of me, put words on this screen that seemed right (though the Lord knows I wrote 2,000 of them...no exaggeration)

And this is where I introduce you to my sweet, young friend, Jackie, who did:).  You girls are in for a blessing!!!  Jackie recently had a beautiful son, Cade, who was born with fibular hemimelia (absence of the fibula bone in his lower legs.)  She has a blog where she shares her journey with Cade  and her latest post was just, well...you will have to read it to see why I am uncharacteristically speechless.  What you will find is not only Jackie and her family's story but a beautiful example of "redeemed desire."  Read Jackie's post and then come on back her to TWAOWW.  By the way...this is Cade:)  http://www.mjandcade.com/2014/06/27/grace-and-the-momma-bear/


So, are you as blessed by this momma as I am????  Jackie was a living, breathing example that day in REI of the two-sided coin of desire.  The momma bear rising, "you are going to get your's" kind of desire we have all felt, haven't we?  But then she chose to display "redeemed desire," the "delight yourself in the Lord" kind of desire...the God infused desire that, as Jackie showed us so beautifully, is covered in grace.   This is the kind of desire that beautiful art is made from.  Oh, Cade, you are blessed to have such an artist for a momma...momma bear and all:).

One night I had Peter read one of my many posts on desire.  He read it and then said, "Cherri, you need a story to show what you are trying to say."  He was absolutely right.  Thank you, Jackie, for allowing me to share your story:)  Love you, girl and that sweet boy!

So, my friends, I am sorry for the late post, but it couldn't be written until Jackie wrote hers:)

Love to you, my sisters!!!

Cherri


PS  So happy to hear that some of you finally received your books!!  Welcome to Together We Are One Wise Woman!!!!!  I look forward to hearing from you, so leave a comment!  Please don't be shy...:)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a story!!!! I am so glad I got the opportunity to read it. Now, I can pray for this young woman and her beautiful baby boy.
    I also had a hard time with this chapter on desire. I haven't really thought about it for quite some time., other than I want what God wants for my life.
    When I have the steering wheel, I usually run right into the ditch. Having said that, I used to really want to be a writer, even won a couple of awards for it, but somewhere along the line, I let go of that dream. Perhaps, it's time to dust it off again.
    I want to be a better person... for the benefit of others,as well as myself.
    I also want to be an encourager, a couple of years ago, my BFF lost her dad and I wanted to reach out to be a blessing to her sweet mom. Then, the Lord put widows on my heart. I really want to reach out and encourage them if possible, and I want to keep growing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, thank you for sharing with us your desires. I think you will be encouraged even more as you read this book:) Could it be that God is "dusting off" some of our desires because they will impact others and His church for good? Reading your comment, I'm think so! I am blessed to hear that you will be praying for Jackie and Cade...I know she will be blessed that they are on the hearts of others especially since he will be going in for surgery in a couple of months. Thanks, Lynn!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your comment!!! We need to hear from you!!!!