- There are two columns on this blog. The one on the left will always have posts and comments in it, and the right column is fixed information that doesn't change very often.
- If you want to have an e-mail sent to you each time a new post is published on this blog, then enter your e-mail address into the box on the top of the right column, under the title "Keep up by E-mail!".
- If you want to follow the blog through a feed reader, like Google Reader, then you can subscribe on the right-hand column under the title "Subscribe to Together We Are One Wise Woman". If you don't know what this is, then don't worry about it :)
- If you want to comment on a specific post, you'll find a link at the end of the post - click on it, type your comment, and then it will have a drop-down menu of different accounts to use in order to leave your comment. The two most common choices in that drop-down menu would be Google account or OpenID. They are both free accounts to have, and very simple to set up - if you don't already have one! Here are links on how to sign up for each one (but you only need to choose one - no need to sign up for both):
- Once you have one of these accounts, select it from the drop-down menu, and it will ask you to login. Once you've successfully logged-in, it will show you a preview of your comment, and it will display a word verification that you have to copy (this helps protect against spam), then you submit your comment. Depending on the security settings of the blog, your comment will either be visible right away, or it will be visible only after being moderated and approved by Cherri.
- If you post your comment, and then panic because you accidentally included your shopping list - you can delete your comment. There will be a little trashcan icon after the date/time stamp on your comment - hit that, and it will allow you to remove your comment completely.
I hope that helps clarify some of the features and pitfalls of the blog world! If you have any questions, please feel free to comment on this post, or, if that still isn't working for you, e-mail me. A blog is most useful and most enjoyable when everyone participates - if everyone just reads the post but doesn't leave any comments, then it's not really a conversation. So the more you participate, the more everyone will get out of this. Enjoy!